This mid-morning marked 72 hours since our arrival. It’s been a lot to take in but extremely slow-paced at times (Probably feels so slow to me because it is not typical for me to have “down” time and now I am saturated with it).
Saturday was everything new…exams, doctor consultations, explanations of my “Hourly Schedule for Clinica Nutricion y Vida” with my supplement pill-box, introductions, getting settled in our room, instant diet change, & a restless night
Sunday, our first morning, was met with oatmeal, fruit, and fresh squeezed o.j. Yummy!!! I fumbled up my supplements and at one point was utterly confused about what I’d done. We both struggled through abdominal irritation. We met more patients and shared stories and learned, “we are all in this together.” I feel like I am amongst family. The day ended with another restless night. (Humph! Isn’t rest a big part of this healing process?)
Yesterday, was difficult with abdominal discomfort and soreness. I consulted with Dr. Ramos who listened, examined and assured me that my body was intelligent and was letting me know what it was up to. I felt cared for, reassured, and helped by the “castor oil pack with warm compress” he advised. How soothing it was. We left the clinic for a walk to the beach with another patient and companion. It was refreshing and relaxing…we even made it back within the hour to receive our next juice at the top of the hour.
My vitals are taken twice every day and it is joke around here that the kitchen staff delivering hourly juices and doctors and nurses making their rounds will ALWAYS find you. You cannot hide from them! Last night, Dhondi darted behind the couch when he saw nurse Sergio coming. I was inspired…I think I will literally try to hide from him next time he does rounds. The medical staff is kind, abundant, available, attentive, and light-hearted.
No comments:
Post a Comment